SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Visa Status

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by baedero1, May 16, 2008.

  1. baedero1

    baedero1 2+ Year Member

    May 16, 2008
    If I am currently applying for U.S. Permanent Resident, but the green card has not been granted yet, Am I considered as a Permanent Resident? I already received the green card number. Which should I select the current status of my visa in my applicant?
    Thank you!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. sl2obel2ts

    sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes 7+ Year Member

    Sep 26, 2007
    u mean the stamp on ur foreign passport? if so, that IS the green card.
  4. swc12nap1

    swc12nap1 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

    Mar 27, 2003
    by green card number, do you mean the WAC number on your green card application? you will need the alien registration number which is issued only when you have already been approved of the adjustment of status (Form I-485). pending green card application means you are still international student.
  5. ToGodbetheGlory


    Apr 23, 2008
    I have my Green card and before I had the card in my hand they actually placed my A# in my passport. So if u have the # already you put that. But if you get in you will have to show a copy of you green card
  6. masksof2004

    masksof2004 2+ Year Member

    Jan 10, 2008
    i am in the same sistuation... i have my A# but no greencard .... and i am applying as a permanant resident.

    I called UOP and asked them what happens if i apply as a perm resident with my A#, and if by chance i do not have my greencard when they ask for it??... they said.. then they will just offer me an F1... but it will in no way affect my admission status.

    hope this calms down ur stress levels...
  7. shewanella

    shewanella 5+ Year Member

    May 28, 2008
    I'm in the same situation as well. My family and I have applied for permanent residency and have received EAD (w/ A#) and our case is currently pending and has been transferred to another location so we're just waiting to see whether we'll be interviewed or will receive green card w/o the interview. My guess is we should receive it on time for 2009 school semesters begin, but who knows w/ USCIS being so slow?

    masksof2004, does that mean I can also apply as a permanent resident like you? Other than UoP, have you checked with other schools as well and if you have, what have they said?

    I'm just confused and don't know what category I'm supposed to put under the "visa status" on AADSAS. I don't want to get in trouble and end up getting my apps declined. Anyone else?
  8. Bruinlove

    Bruinlove 5+ Year Member

    Oct 13, 2007
    For state schools, you need to prove your residency status as well as citizenship status as part of application.
    For private schools, you don't have to do that until the actual admission.

    I know that California residents should provide their A# and a copy of green card in secondary application which should be completed in about a month after schools received AADSAS application.
    Thus, you need to have the green card at the time of application for state schools, but you need it by next year for private schools.

Share This Page