Visas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgypod

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working on my CASPR application and was reviewing the CASPR/CRIP website and realized that some of the programs require citizenship (that didn't state anything before either when talking to them or on the website last year that I can recall). I know that VA programs are an absolute no-no when it comes to not being a citizen, but what about the other programs. Does anyone have an idea if this is an absolute barrier or if it something that can be worked out between the individual and the program depending on the quality of the applicant etc. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen that list and it is the reason for my initial question. For the programs not on that list (which happen to be some of the programs I am most interested in), is US citizenship an absolute requirement? Or is it a requirement (like others) that may be overlooked depending on the applicant?

I have seen that list and it is the reason for my initial question. For the programs not on that list (which happen to be some of the programs I am most interested in), is US citizenship an absolute requirement? Or is it a requirement (like others) that may be overlooked depending on the applicant?
" Read the program directory page overview or contact the program directly for more information."
http://www.casprcrip.org/html/casprcrip/directory.asp

...Most of the programs have a dedicated admin asst who runs the program and takes care of the paperwork; I've found many of those individuals very helpful. Chances are they could easily answer any of your questions via phone or email... or at the least, refer you to the appropriate contact person(s). It's always good to show interest by contacting programs you are interesed in... even if it's just to ask a question or confirm info.