Vision Question

Started by fedor
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fedor

gunning like the NRA
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used to have this problem daily as a child and luckily I don't anymore (it stopped a few years ago and I only get it once every few months now). All of a sudden my vision would "jump" and get very blurry for about a second or so and then return to normal. Is there a specific term for this? What causes it?
 
fedor said:
I used to have this problem daily as a child and luckily I don't anymore (it stopped a few years ago and I only get it once every few months now). All of a sudden my vision would "jump" and get very blurry for about a second or so and then return to normal. Is there a specific term for this? What causes it?

Anyone know? I would ask my OD but my annual exam isn't for another few months. Satisfy my curiousity.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fedor said:
I used to have this problem daily as a child and luckily I don't anymore (it stopped a few years ago and I only get it once every few months now). All of a sudden my vision would "jump" and get very blurry for about a second or so and then return to normal. Is there a specific term for this? What causes it?

Oh yes :idea: There is a term for that.... but from now on, I charge up front. Sorry :laugh:
 
fedor said:
I used to have this problem daily as a child and luckily I don't anymore (it stopped a few years ago and I only get it once every few months now). All of a sudden my vision would "jump" and get very blurry for about a second or so and then return to normal. Is there a specific term for this? What causes it?
All other things being normal..it's probabbly an accomadative spasm.