General Admissions & OTCAS Visiting campuses before an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lilmiscassie92

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to AT Still and Midwestern, and I live in Vegas. It wouldn't be too bad of a drive, but it would be tricky to plan within the next month due to my two work schedules. I'm still slightly new at one of the two jobs, so I don't want to ask for the time off if it isn't completely necessary. I know the climates and things to do are very similar between home and Arizona. Would I be okay with walking into an interview without a prior visit if I've done my homework on what the school and location has to offer, or should I try to do a day trip on my day off? It would be about a five hour drive one way, however.
 
Honestly, I don't believe visiting before has much bearing on the process. I made it a point to drive 10 hours and visit a school that didn't do in-person interviews. I can't say it was a waste of time, but honestly, save your money and time off for the actual interview.

Good luck!