Visiting Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiefy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about applying to Irish schools for Fall 2006, I wanted to know who I should contact to visit the Dublin schools (Trinity, UCD, RCSI)? Also, I plan on coming in December or January in this limited time span are there better weeks than others for visiting?

Members don't see this ad.

December/January may be a bad time to visit as all colleges are on holidays from at least December 16th to like January 9th or 10th or so. You could contact the health science / medicine offices of all colleges (for Trinity it is: http://www.tcd.ie/Health_Sciences/medicine/medicineindex.php ) or the overseas coordinators for all program (for Trinity it's Dr. Erika Keane - [email protected], i think she's on maternity leave so might not respond to you very quickly)

chiefy said:
I'm thinking about applying to Irish schools for Fall 2006, I wanted to know who I should contact to visit the Dublin schools (Trinity, UCD, RCSI)? Also, I plan on coming in December or January in this limited time span are there better weeks than others for visiting?

Well, you could try contacting the atlantic bridge program. They deal with the colleges you want to visit. I'm sure they could arrange something. For RCSI you could email [email protected]. The college is usually open during breaks - I mean its been open all summer!! So I would send the admissions people an email and see what they say! One piece of advice - if you don't like the rain (like heavy heavy rain) and hate wind 'whip lashes', try to come at an earlier/later time. But hey! if you gotta then I suppose no choice right? Good luck with the whole admissions process and then the big part - deciding if ya really want to do it!

take care