Visiting PT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dreamer131

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have applied before, did you visit some of the schools you applied to? I heard this is a good thing to do, especially with the schools that get tons of applications.

-Also, what questions are appropriate during a visit? Can I ask things like what can I do to make myself more competitive? What do you like to see in a potential student? Or should I mostly ask about the program?

Thanks! I'd really appreciate any advice!
 
Visit as many schools as you possibly can. I had my my list of Schools narrowed down from most appealing to least. My number eight school was Chatham university. I never heard of it before applying but I was 100% set on moving to pittsburgh and trying to get into Pitt that I applied to Chatham as a back up plan. When I visited the school I was blown away by the whole program. I fell in love and I'm starting in August. If I didn't visit I'd be missing out on a program I never gave a chance. I picked Chatham over Miami, duke, George wash, Maryland Balt, duquense and old dominion all schools I visited and got accepted to. With that said I got waitlisted at Pitt. But I sent my deposit to Chatham and made my mydecision before I heard back from my number one. Best of luck to u