Visiting Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jpc984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I want to set up a private visit at a school, how much earlier should I call to set it up.

Members don't see this ad.

If I want to set up a private visit at a school, how much earlier should I call to set it up.

1st call now to see their policy on school visits. Some schools do not offer this and would rather have students attend the Open House.

When you call they will tell you what is a good day to come since exam, meetings, holidays etc. come into play. Also they may want you to see the students when they have OMM/anatomy/lecture. Or you can tell them what you are hoping to see and hopefully will work it out.

figure out if they have housing for you if you need it. Try to tailor it to what you want to see (lecuture, PBL session, OMM, anatomy, etc.) but be flexible.

Remind the Dean or whoever is setting this up 1 week before your scheduled date. try to at least say hi to the dean. Introduce yourself.

try to get assigned to a 1st year/ 2nd year to ask questions 1-on-1

get email addy's for future contact.

You do NOT have to stay overnight.

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! very informative

I'm thinking of visiting MSUCOM in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions on what I should see when i'm there? Does anybody have any suggestions for which lecture I should ask if I could attend?