Visiting schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

anon y mous

Does anyone know if it's possible to visit schools randomly.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's possible to visit schools randomly. Next month I'm going to be visitng an area out of state near a school I applied to and was wondering if it's possible to visit the school? I mean I assume i can just walk on campus but is there any type of tour or anything given formally or informally, or is that only done for an interview?

Lots of schools will oblige your situation. Look around the site for tours/how to schedule a tour.

Your best bet is to just call the school and ask. If it's one of the LECOM's, I can pretty much guarantee you won't just be strolling onto campus, although they might be able to set up a pass for your visit if you give them advance notice.

Members don't see this ad :)
definitely call or browse the schools website. You might see a link that says "campus tour" or something. I am going on a tour of AZCOM next Thursday. I just called and asked if they offered tours and they set me up with a tour guide for thursday morning. I'm sure other schools do the same.

Also, I know that NYCOM offers a day for students who have applied where they have people talk to you about financial aid, classes, etc. It's almost like an interview, but with over 100 other students. I think it's usually in November.

Also, I know that NYCOM offers a day for students who have applied where they have people talk to you about financial aid, classes, etc. It's almost like an interview, but with over 100 other students. I think it's usually in November.
That's their Open House; I actually attended two years ago and it was super!

PCOM also has open houses throughout the year. Just check out the website for date and times. But I agree with the other posters, just call the school and find out as every school is different.

That's their Open House; I actually attended two years ago and it was super!

I went to the Open House two years ago too! Wow, we were in the same room and didn't even know it. :p

I went to the Open House two years ago too! Wow, we were in the same room and didn't even know it. :p
hee hee and now that I see your picture, I'm trying to remember seeing you.:D Wasn't the OMM lab and anatomy lab amazing?!! It had me sold. And wasn't the doctor bear stress thingy and lab coat pencil holder that they gave us just so cute?

call call call. thats the easiest way to work something out. every admissions office i've talked to has been really nice/accommodating..

our school also has open house days for prospective students. Or you can just come by and walk around and see the facilities without taking a fancy tour

Call UNE if you want a formal tour. I'm sure someone in admissions would be more than happy to show you around. it's also possible to wander around campus, but some buildings may be locked and you may not know what you're looking at/for.

our school also has open house days for prospective students. Or you can just come by and walk around and see the facilities without taking a fancy tour
So I guess people are always welcome to walk around on their own.

Last edited:
If you call ahead of time you will get a personal tour guide, possibly a free lunch, and access to parts that need a security card (gym, simlabs, anatomy lab)

If you call ahead of time you will get a personal tour guide, possibly a free lunch, and access to parts that need a security card (gym, simlabs, anatomy lab)

are you talkin about des moines?

I would be shocked if you didn't get an interview there.

It is a really nice place. You will like it.

The town is a little weak, but who cares? If you can handle the cold, that is...