Visiting the school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anna.lario

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I visited the school in the east coast,admissions told me they would contact me for something about my app,should I wait till they contact me or should I email them since it has been over 3 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would call the admissions office and ask.

Reactions: 1 user
just call them....you guys realize that admissions staff have NOTHING to do with selection right? An admin assistant you pester 100 times a day couldn't change an iota in the decision making process...

It's not like Betty, whom you called 10 times in a day, will get annoyed and go find me in my lab and tell me that you are annoying and thus don't deserve to get in....

P.S. Please "Like" this... I haven't been on this for a long time and need to change some stuff in the profile, but there is this new crap about like ratio to posts....

Reactions: 3 users
just call them....you guys realize that admissions staff have NOTHING to do with selection right? An admin assistant you pester 100 times a day couldn't change an iota in the decision making process...

It's not like Betty, whom you called 10 times in a day, will get annoyed and go find me in my lab and tell me that you are annoying and thus don't deserve to get in....

P.S. Please "Like" this... I haven't been on this for a long time and need to change some stuff in the profile, but there is this new crap about like ratio to posts....
Per my health professions committee, one pre-dent was actually excluded from admissions solely because she kept on bugging the admissions staff. My state school called my pre-dental advisor and informed her that this person was not going to be selected because she was not patient! Be careful.

Edited to add one phone call is very different from calling multiple times per week, etc. Just wanted to clarify :)

Per my health professions committee, one pre-dent was actually excluded from admissions solely because she kept on bugging the admissions staff. My state school called my pre-dental advisor and informed her that this person was not going to be selected because she was not patient! Be careful.

Edited to add one phone call is very different from calling multiple times per week, etc. Just wanted to clarify :)
It's true if you pester them a bunch it can be a negative thing, but expressing interest through occasionally contacting the school doesn't hurt in my opinion. Squeaky wheel gets the grease ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Although "Betty" may not come find you in lab for calling 10 times a day, she very well may come find you if you're rude/disrespectful to her.