Vison Expo in Las Vegas

Started by snikkin
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snikkin

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I came across the International Vison Expo while searching
on events/programs in optometry. Have any of you ever
attended such a thing? It's taking place on 9/8 - 9/11. It's
geared towards working professionals, but it sounds
interesting -- an opportunity to see and hear about all
the new stuff and issues in the OD field.

http://www.visionexpowest.com
 
Hello:

I heard about the event last year but decided not to go.

A few of my friends at SCCO went, and apparently it's quite a popular trip for 1st year students to go to the expo and meet the reps (and get free stuff also!).

There has to be some SCCO people lurking in this board so they can give you more information about it. If not, PM me and I'll get you in contact with my friends who went last year.

- Rosanna
 
it's a HUGE event and I wish I had the time to go this year. You'll get TONS of free stuff (if that's your gig) and I've also heard it's a great place to network.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went to Vision Expo in NY, a lot of fun....lots of free goodies! I would go if you get the chance. 😉
 
happy7 said:
I went to Vision Expo in NY, a lot of fun....lots of free goodies! I would go if you get the chance. 😉

what are some examples of these free goodies? t-shirts? pens? probably not free opthalmoscopes! 🙄
 
happy7 said:
I went to Vision Expo in NY, a lot of fun....lots of free goodies! I would go if you get the chance. 😉

Hi happy7, did you attend any of the talks/classes? I'm
thinking about attending since I have 6 weeks of vacation
to burn at work -- could use a break!!
 
drbizzaro said:
what are some examples of these free goodies? t-shirts? pens? probably not free opthalmoscopes! 🙄

I got two pairs of free frames. (I putted a hole in one at one of those putting green thingies and got frames)
 
Most of the free stuff is pens, CL Solution, lens cloths, CANDY, etc......stuff that at the time seems like a good idea, but when you get home, you realize you have no where to put it!!
 
I know this is an old thread but thought I would give it a bump!!

Does anyone know if all optometry schools have a portion of their students attend vision expo in NYC / Vegas or only certain schools? Does ICO attend??