Visualization techniques and other tips for CONQUERING MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I think it would be nice if we all mentioned the kinds of things we do to calm our nerves and get ourselves in the right frame of mind on the big game day.

I think i'm going to meditate alot the week of, remind myself that this is the beginning, there are USMLEs that are more scary ;) and that this is just a basic science exam.

Let's see what other suggestions are out there!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by DrSal
Hey,

I think it would be nice if we all mentioned the kinds of things we do to calm our nerves and get ourselves in the right frame of mind on the big game day.

I think i'm going to meditate alot the week of, remind myself that this is the beginning, there are USMLEs that are more scary ;) and that this is just a basic science exam.

I know i wont be able to fall asleep that night. how will i handle it?? POP IN AN AUDIOOSMOSIS CD AND PASS THE HELL OUT!

Stop studying 2-3 days, if not the week before the exam.

Also, wear scrubs on test day. You're sure to psych everyone out. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
remember everything is meant to happen for a reason.

i'm goin to an orchid auction tomorrow and an msa night on sunday!!! this weekend will be totally unproductful but joyful!

Originally posted by deamondeacon
remember everything is meant to happen for a reason.

i'm goin to an orchid auction tomorrow and an msa night on sunday!!! this weekend will be totally unproductful but joyful!

what's msa?

Hey,

Ambien friday night, Provigill Saturday morning :D

^That's it! I really don't want to do any extra stuff, but it should be nice to just relax this weekend, regain the energy/momentum lost, and start back again. :)

This is my visualization technique....

stewieMCAT.jpg

Hey,

How about music? Music calms me a lot. I'm going to burn a CD with good relaxing music and listen to it in between breaks. Music like some Norah Jones, or soft music with waterfalls/bird songs/winds in the background :laugh:

But I'm serious though. I'm going to buy on this or next coming week.

Something I do to avoid getting stressed and calm my nerves during my practice tests is calling people during the lunch break before I head back to test. Talk to my family and friends about anything BUT the MCAT. Calms me down, and makes me mentally leave the previous section behind (because it is over and you can't do anything about it now), as wel as avoid all the people stressing and talking about the answers they got right or wrong.