DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hey,

I think it would be nice if we all mentioned the kinds of things we do to calm our nerves and get ourselves in the right frame of mind on the big game day.

I think i'm going to meditate alot the week of, remind myself that this is the beginning, there are USMLEs that are more scary ;) and that this is just a basic science exam.

Let's see what other suggestions are out there!

jhk43

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by DrSal
Hey,

I think it would be nice if we all mentioned the kinds of things we do to calm our nerves and get ourselves in the right frame of mind on the big game day.

I think i'm going to meditate alot the week of, remind myself that this is the beginning, there are USMLEs that are more scary ;) and that this is just a basic science exam.

I know i wont be able to fall asleep that night. how will i handle it?? POP IN AN AUDIOOSMOSIS CD AND PASS THE HELL OUT!

CanIMakeIt

It will get better once you are...still waiting :)
15+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
Just make sure to take a few deep breaths when u feel u r panicking on the d-day and then re-focus.....that will help u out of the panic mode

About the Ads

PhillyEaglesFan

Little Yellow Schoolbus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
PA
Visit site
Status
Stop studying 2-3 days, if not the week before the exam.

Also, wear scrubs on test day. You're sure to psych everyone out. ;)

DemonDeacon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2003
Status
remember everything is meant to happen for a reason.

i'm goin to an orchid auction tomorrow and an msa night on sunday!!! this weekend will be totally unproductful but joyful!

DrSal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by deamondeacon
remember everything is meant to happen for a reason.

i'm goin to an orchid auction tomorrow and an msa night on sunday!!! this weekend will be totally unproductful but joyful!
what's msa?

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
Slipping the Surly Bonds of Earth
Visit site
Status
Hey,

Ambien friday night, Provigill Saturday morning :D

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2003
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Status
It's the Muslim Student Association(MSA)

DemonDeacon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2003
Status
^That's it! I really don't want to do any extra stuff, but it should be nice to just relax this weekend, regain the energy/momentum lost, and start back again. :)

dollarbincommon

apple fritters are good
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
apple orchard
Status
Hey,

How about music? Music calms me a lot. I'm going to burn a CD with good relaxing music and listen to it in between breaks. Music like some Norah Jones, or soft music with waterfalls/bird songs/winds in the background :laugh:

But I'm serious though. I'm going to buy on this or next coming week.

Wahooali

The Real Sydney Bristow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Visit site
Status
Something I do to avoid getting stressed and calm my nerves during my practice tests is calling people during the lunch break before I head back to test. Talk to my family and friends about anything BUT the MCAT. Calms me down, and makes me mentally leave the previous section behind (because it is over and you can't do anything about it now), as wel as avoid all the people stressing and talking about the answers they got right or wrong.

About the Ads