Vitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saydental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a dentist, would you have to take vitals? I know you would have to take a patient's blood pressure sometimes. Do professors walk you through when you have to?

Members don't see this ad.

As a dentist, would you have to take vitals? I know you would have to take a patient's blood pressure sometimes. Do professors walk you through when you have to?

My school? Every appointment. Invenst in an automatic cuff.

Temperature is about yo be the new norm as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They don't have some for us to use?
Depends on your school, mine “gave” (aka tuition) us manual ones. But no there arent hundreds of BP cuffs lying around our clinic.

this may be dumb question but do they teach us how to use the manual ones or do we have to learn that on our own?

this may be dumb question but do they teach us how to use the manual ones or do we have to learn that on our own?
They teach you, but personally I did not get enough practice to use those so I always prefer the electronic ones. The dental assistants in our clinic seem to be better than us students at using manual BP cuffs.

You should learn how to use manual even if you don't.

Reactions: 1 users

In dental school, we had to do BP every appointment. In real world, my assistants/hygienist do at exams and extractions. I personally have only taken one BP since graduating - only after my assidtant failed to get it. But in school, get a electronic cuff - they're generally not as reliable as someone who's really good at getting them manually - but close enough, and will save you a few minutes of time that you'd otherwise be fumbling around with the cuff

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user