vivitrol and narcotics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunshine98*

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Found out pt has been on vivitrol since Oct last year and 1 opioid rx was dispensed the patient (had surgery). vivitrol did not show up on pmp database with first fill. 2nd rx comes in and patient just got a shot at end of January (bumped up against Medicaid ) is how I found out. I didn't fill it. But anyone else come across a patient being on opioids while on vivitrol?

Members don't see this ad.

Found out pt has been on vivitrol since Oct last year and 1 opioid rx was dispensed the patient (had surgery). vivitrol did not show up on pmp database with first fill. 2nd rx comes in and patient just got a shot at end of January (bumped up against Medicaid ) is how I found out. I didn't fill it. But anyone else come across a patient being on opioids while on vivitrol?

@WVUPharm2007

@WVUPharm2007
Ah the good old days. Now every thread on here is a financial you-know-what measuring contest

Members don't see this ad :)
I think as an outpatient treatment with an opioid would be tricky with no monitoring or easy way to titrate dose. We uses hydromorphone IV for acute pain in suboxone patients. I have never had a naltrexone injectable patient case before.

Hydrocodone won't be able to overcome naltrexone blockade at normal doses. It's pointless. Unless they are selling it, then it makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user