VMCAS COURSE ENTRY HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoRey14

c/o 2020!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you all send your official transcripts to yourself and then refer to that when entering coursework on VMCAS? I've entered everything using my unofficial transcripts, but just to be safe, I sent myself official transcripts..

Also, for AP scores, I took AP English, AP U.S., A.P. Calculus, and AP Political Science. I attended a UC (California), and it's listed as a total of 24 units Non-Transferred, however, the credits transferred over. How should I reflect this on my course entry? And should I report it during my first quarter of college?
Appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah for specific questions like that it is best to ask VMCAS directly, especially since coursework entry is one of the more exact parts of the application. If you can't find the answer in the instructions that VMCAS provides, I would shoot them an email or give them a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will definitely call them asap tomorrow. Thx!

Did you all send your official transcripts to yourself and then refer to that when entering coursework on VMCAS? I've entered everything using my unofficial transcripts, but just to be safe, I sent myself official transcripts..

Also, for AP scores, I took AP English, AP U.S., A.P. Calculus, and AP Political Science. I attended a UC (California), and it's listed as a total of 24 units Non-Transferred, however, the credits transferred over. How should I reflect this on my course entry? And should I report it during my first quarter of college?
Appreciate any help.
What DVMD said! TBH, just from last year to this year, it sounds like VMCAS has changed a lot. There are tons of current applicants on here that know what's going on, but it's tough to give out VMCAS advice on SDN because it changes from year to year. The best source of VMCAS advice will be VMCAS. You don't want to get outdated/incorrect advice on here and end up with a returned application.

FWIW, it was always my impression that the difference between official and unofficial transcripts is the seal on the envelope for official transcripts. That, and official transcripts don't always have disciplinary activity or other student info on them. The courses, titles, and listed grades should be the same otherwise. Heck, I just used my online student records to fill out my coursework!