coprevet

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status
Hi guys. On the VMCAS, when you have to describe things like your veterinary and employment experience, I'm not sure how to word it. Does anyone have any suggestions about whether I should say something like "Restrained animals during blood draws, cystocentesis, ..." (i.e. kind of a 'resume format') or use first person like "I restrained animals during blood draws, ..."? I'd be curious to know what y'all are doing.

Thanks,
L.

traxomatic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2004
Status
i did mine in resume format. just make sure you know exactly what you're putting on there and review it when interviews roll around. ohio state asked me specific questions about what to look for in a urinalysis..then questions about whatever i described, etc.

coprevet said:
Hi guys. On the VMCAS, when you have to describe things like your veterinary and employment experience, I'm not sure how to word it. Does anyone have any suggestions about whether I should say something like "Restrained animals during blood draws, cystocentesis, ..." (i.e. kind of a 'resume format') or use first person like "I restrained animals during blood draws, ..."? I'd be curious to know what y'all are doing.

Thanks,
L.

JIKJen124

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2005
Cincinnati
Status
Veterinary Student
I'm going for resume format as well.

traxomatic said:
i did mine in resume format. just make sure you know exactly what you're putting on there and review it when interviews roll around. ohio state asked me specific questions about what to look for in a urinalysis..then questions about whatever i described, etc.

About the Ads

Quaggi

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2006
MA
Status
Veterinary Student
traxomatic said:
I definitely agree, only write things down that you would be really comfortable explaining. at one interview i had, they asked me to talk about a common treatment/medication used at the wildlife clinic i worked at, and then asked me a bunch of other questions about the drug and how it was administered...not a fun interview overall. so, if you're writing down that you administer medications etc, you better be ready to talk about it :) good luck everyone

bari

About the Ads