-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMCAS Guy
Started by Vetdude1735
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Now, who is going to warn people about the wrong advice they get on SDN?!??Just heard Tony the director of VMCAS "retired"... Guess we know what "retired" really means... Wonder why he was fired. Anyone else know anything??
Even if you’re not a fan of him, I wouldn’t go as far as to speculate he was fired. Let it be.Just heard Tony the director of VMCAS "retired"... Guess we know what "retired" really means... Wonder why he was fired. Anyone else know anything??
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Teepster87 is gonna have to take over that jobNow, who is going to warn people about the wrong advice they get on SDN?!??
Just heard Tony the director of VMCAS "retired"... Guess we know what "retired" really means... Wonder why he was fired. Anyone else know anything??
I wouldn't jump to him having been fired. Seems like an odd jump. He may have retired or even quit. Really doesn't matter the reason.
Vetdude1735
New Member
Hard to imagine, judging from all I've read on here that VMCAS would keep someone that knows nothing about the VMCAS application!!
P sure he doesn’t know nothing about the vmcas application.Hard to imagine, judging from all I've read on here that VMCAS would keep someone that knows nothing about the VMCAS application!!
Now, who is going to warn people about the wrong advice they get on SDN?!??
DYING. 🤣🤣🤣
@Teepster87 is gonna have to take over that job
It's not really a job if you'd do it for free.
Ah but if someone’s willing to pay you to do something you’d do for free, it’s even betterIt's not really a job if you'd do it for free.
Just heard Tony the director of VMCAS "retired"... Guess we know what "retired" really means... Wonder why he was fired. Anyone else know anything??
Hi Vetdude1735. Curious where you may have heard this information.
Vetdude1735
New Member
Hi Vetdude1735. Curious where you may have heard this information.
I have friends in high places 🙂
Do you have friends in low places, too?I have friends in high places 🙂
Vetdude1735
New Member
Hi Vetdude1735. Curious where you may have heard this information.
Just goes to prove that "vmcasstaff" doesn't really know what's going on (as usual). Clearly vmcasstaff might not really work at vmcas!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
P sure it’s against TOS for them to be pretending to be vmcas. And since the mods have access to everyone’s account information and HAVENT shut down the account in the past 5 years......Just goes to prove that "vmcasstaff" doesn't really know what's going on (as usual). Clearly vmcasstaff might not really work at vmcas!!!
I have friends in high places 🙂
Well, it's always good to have contacts in high places. I'm very interested in learning more, if you're willing to share any additional information!
Vetdude1735
New Member
If you really worked for VMCAS you'd already know about details, wouldn't you? I rest my case!
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Vetdude, I really feel like you should let this go.
Regardless of whether or not he was retired or fired or still works for VMCAS, it's not really our business on such a personal level. It's definitely not our business on why. It's also not really proper for us to fan rumor flames without any proof.
Regardless of whether or not he was retired or fired or still works for VMCAS, it's not really our business on such a personal level. It's definitely not our business on why. It's also not really proper for us to fan rumor flames without any proof.
Seriously. Vetdude, if you want to gossip and backbite, go back to high school. Speculating on why someone was fired (or even if they were fired) in a public forum, particularly with the tone you are taking, is unprofessional.
Well, certainly an interesting thread, for sure! That said, let me clear some things up. I have not retired, nor have I been fired, nor have I left my position at AAVMC or VMCAS.
I am still devoted to ensuring that anyone, globally, that wishes to apply to veterinary school has an opportunity to to do so.
I've been in touch with vetdude, so will consider this thread closed.
Tony Wynne
Director, the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS)
Director, Admissions and Recruitment Affairs - AAVMC
[email protected]
PS - noted that there's some perceptions that I'm not open minded. I appreciate your feedback to better the work I do with the pre-vet community.
I am still devoted to ensuring that anyone, globally, that wishes to apply to veterinary school has an opportunity to to do so.
I've been in touch with vetdude, so will consider this thread closed.
Tony Wynne
Director, the Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS)
Director, Admissions and Recruitment Affairs - AAVMC
[email protected]
PS - noted that there's some perceptions that I'm not open minded. I appreciate your feedback to better the work I do with the pre-vet community.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
