VMCAS mailing out apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnyslippers

Purdue SVM Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone (maybe someone who applied last year) know long it takes for VMCAS to send out applications submitted right near the deadline?

My boyfriend just got stationed at a USMC base out in North Carolina so I'm scrambling last minute to apply to NCSU. Only problem is they need all of my supporting materials to be in by the 1st or whenever VMCAS gets my app out to them for review or I'm disqualified. I'm just hoping if I submit on the 1st or 2nd VMCAS won't process and send out my app for a couple days so I can give the mailman and a very slow transcript office time to beat them!

AHHHH!!!! Here's to hoping my application is one of the last ones they get to! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a similar situation except my husband may get a job in Dallas, so I was scrambling, trying to apply to Texas A & M last minute. But I decided not to do it. If he does get the job and if I get vet school, I'll try and transfer there.

Is that a possibility for you? NCSU does accept transfer students.

Transfer Policy

Veterinary medical students enrolled in good standing at AVMA Council on Education accredited institutions can apply to transfer to NC State University. Students will only be considered for transfer into semesters 2 through 5 (transfer students must complete the entire junior and senior year at NC State).

I am in a similar situation except my husband may get a job in Dallas, so I was scrambling, trying to apply to Texas A & M last minute. But I decided not to do it. If he does get the job and if I get vet school, I'll try and transfer there.

Is that a possibility for you? NCSU does accept transfer students.

Transfer Policy

Veterinary medical students enrolled in good standing at AVMA Council on Education accredited institutions can apply to transfer to NC State University. Students will only be considered for transfer into semesters 2 through 5 (transfer students must complete the entire junior and senior year at NC State).

Yeah it might have to be and it's kind of what is keeping me sane for the time being. I don't have the slightest clue how one would transfer vet schools, but if luck out and my stuff doesn't get there in time then I guess I'll just have to learn!

Sorry about Texas A&M, I can see how their whole application process would make it almost impossible to apply at the last minute.