VMCAS pre-req code?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thereservoirdog

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the VMCAS pre-req code thing, are we supposed to be listing every class we've taken that falls under a specific category? I have a bunch of upper level math classes from when I was doing engineering which I didn't do so well in, but they're way above the basic algebra or calc classes the vet schools need. Do I have to enter those as Math or Other? I'm wondering if schools are using VMCAS to calculate pre-req GPA.
 
This may be incorrect, but if a class fit under one of the categories provided, I listed it under that category, regardless of whether or not it was a required pre-req.