VMCAS - Primary School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rhinocerotidae

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone,

I'm not applying this year but I still have a question. I'm just a little confused on what qualifies as the primary school. For the VMCAS do you have to state a primary school? is there such a thing? or am I just making this up?? (I thought I saw "primary school GPA" stated somewhere on SDN, I just don't remember where…) haha.

I'm assuming it's the school from which they will calculate your GPA. Does your cGPA, pre-req GPA and last 45 GPA all have to come from the primary school? My primary school would be where I completed my undergrad, but I guess my concern is that I've taken a little less then half my pre-req's from a distance learning university. Does that matter in terms of how my GPA would be calculated?

Thanks for your help!!
 
Thanks StartingoverVet!!

I didn't realize there was a thread on that already! Thanks for the link, it answered all my questions!