VMCAS=Undergrad Enrollment ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

turquoisewolves

c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I was beginning to fill out my application again for the third time. And I was wondering if maybe all this time I have been filling out my "Previous Professional & Undergraduate Enrollments" section wrong.

If you were admitted to a school....enrolled....and attended for a year but then left without completing your degree there, is it "withdrew" or "leave of absence" or "deferred"

I think I am confused on what each means and it doesn't explain it very well in the instruction section. Just wondered if any of you guys knew or if I should contact VMCAS.

Thanks!
 
withdrew = went for awhile, then quit. Could probably also mean you were accepted then decided not to go, but I think that's more accurately "declined"
deferred = were accepted on date x, but waited until date y to go
leave of absence = went for awhile, then left for a bit and came back

Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
withdrew = went for awhile, then quit. Could probably also mean you were accepted then decided not to go, but I think that's more accurately "declined"
deferred = were accepted on date x, but waited until date y to go
leave of absence = went for awhile, then left for a bit and came back

Correct me if I'm wrong.

if i took summer classes at a school and then returned 2 years later (after I graduated from my primary institution) to finish up pre-reqs, would this count as "leave of absence" then? if so ive been filling it out wrong too