VMRCVM 2010 Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schrodingerr

VMCRVM c/o 2015!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard this year a different format was used for the interviews, more situational, 10-12 separate rooms with a question presented outside? Can anyone verify/dispute this? :scared: Gearing up to applying this cycle and getting nervous!! http://img2.studentdoctor.net/images/smilies/scared.gif

Members don't see this ad.

The format of the interviews this year was mini multiple interview. There were 8 (I think) rooms with a scenario outside on the door. We had a minute or 2 to prepare outside and 6 minutes to discuss with the interviewer. The scenarios ranged from actual scenarios to somewhat typical interview questions. I did not find this either more or less stressful than a traditional interview. One big negative for me was not knowing what to expect; on the other hand, each interview is separate. One big mistake in one room has no bearing on the next interviewer in the next room. It was also the longest of my 3 interviews this year.

Search VMRCVM on this thread and you can get lots of opinions on this subject.