VMRCVM c/o 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It took a long while for my forms to get confirmed, but they were listed as received as soon as I had access to my application summary.

Members don't see this ad.

Yikes, that's not good then. I've emailed them but I'll give them a call today as well and see whats up. Thanks for the help, guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still showing a transcript as not received. I can't imagine they don't have it since VMCAS had all my stuff. Should I email and ask or would I be safe in assuming they have it?

Good stuff, just called in and it turns out they do have it, it's just not showing up on my summary for some reason. Misssc, I'd say just email or call to double check if you're concerned, it couldn't hurt and it's quick enough for them to check.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Just wanted to share some information, in case I happened to not be the only uninformed applicant... I called today to and found out that they will be notifying applicants in late December, and interviews will take place on January 18th and 19th.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, so we will either have a really good holiday season, or we won't. :nailbiting:

Yeah, so we will either have a really good holiday season, or we won't. :nailbiting:

Ugh so true. This is my IS and my top choice... I was feeling really awful about everything but then I got invited to interview at Mizzou so that boosted me up a little! Hopefully if Mizzou is willing to take a look at me, so will VMR!! I am a little worried since I had zero hours of research when I applied, and I have heard they look for that...

Ugh so true. This is my IS and my top choice... I was feeling really awful about everything but then I got invited to interview at Mizzou so that boosted me up a little! Hopefully if Mizzou is willing to take a look at me, so will VMR!! I am a little worried since I had zero hours of research when I applied, and I have heard they look for that...
Can look nice but I certainly wouldn't worry about it being a deal breaker. I had no research listed on my VMCAS and got into VMR; and unless they've changed their procedure, once you get an interview then that's all they consider when making final admissions offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeahhh its probably going to be a long wait for both IS & OOS. :( According to last years interview/rejection threads, invites and the first set of rejections didn't go out till the beginning of January. Bleh. Time is going by faster than I expected (The VMCAS deadline was almost a month and a half ago, what?!?), but it's still dragging by now that we don't have app stuff to work on!

:uhno:This wait until the end of December is going to be rough!

You got that right!! I am going crazy!!!:arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
So, has anyone heard anything at all? Be it IS or OOS?

Traditionally, everyone hears in a single wave in the beginning of January.

Aren't their interviews mid-January? That seems late for the interview time.

I know I heard last year the first week of January. Interviews were held a few weeks later.

That doesn't give you much time to plan flights and such.....

I am pretty sure there is only one weekend that they do interviews, unless something has changed. You are assigned either Saturday or Sunday. You can probably find the dates on their website. So try to keep that weekend open in case. Good luck!

Yes, I've seen the dates. But I'm saying it's very little time to book a flight if you do indeed get an interview, is all.

Does anyone know if you get to choose which date you are interviewed? I know the dates are Jan 18th and 19th. I was just offered an interview at Kansas State on Jan 19th at 8AM. But VMRCMC is my in-state school, so it is probably my first choice. Kansas State said that they offer rescheduling of interviews only in cases of extreme emergency. If I am offered an interview for Saturday at VMRCVM, then I can probably still do both that weekend... What do you guys think?

how do u know that the interview dates are january 18th and 19th? i didn't see that anywhere on the website

Does anyone know if you get to choose which date you are interviewed? I know the dates are Jan 18th and 19th. I was just offered an interview at Kansas State on Jan 19th at 8AM. But VMRCMC is my in-state school, so it is probably my first choice. Kansas State said that they offer rescheduling of interviews only in cases of extreme emergency. If I am offered an interview for Saturday at VMRCVM, then I can probably still do both that weekend... What do you guys think?

I am 99% certain that you don't get to choose. That is a really tricky situation to be in, especially because we won't find out about VMRCVM until January.

Joyce had told me in an email a while back that they will be sending out invites by the end of December. I wish I knew more!

Note - if anyone needs a free place to crash for an interview, my fiance and I have a couch. Or rides to/from school - I can usually sneak out of the lab to do so.

@rvasarah maybe you should simply try calling and asking Joyce. If you explain the situation to them, they could probably make a note in your file or something that if you are offered an interview it has to be on the 18th. If they are offering you an interview it will be because they want you/to take a closer look at you, and I can't imagine that they wouldn't at least try to accommodate you so that they can do so. It never hurts to ask; at least if you do so you would have some sort of answer! That is my two cents at least...

My life motto: The worst thing someone can ever tell you is "no"

And if I'm anticipating the answer will be no (or I know it is a stupid question), I just don't give my name :p

Plane ticket prices took a dive today... 265/person round trip from Montana. (for thurs-sunday of interview weekend)
Really wondering if I should spring for them now just in case they go back up to 500 by the time I hear back... Big waste of money if I don't get an interview, but the same amount lost if they go back up and I wait and do get an interview... GAH.

Plane ticket prices took a dive today... 265/person round trip from Montana. (for thurs-sunday of interview weekend)
Really wondering if I should spring for them now just in case they go back up to 500 by the time I hear back... Big waste of money if I don't get an interview, but the same amount lost if they go back up and I wait and do get an interview... GAH.
Gotta love unpredictable plane prices!

Hey all-good luck on your wait to hear about interviews. I also wanted to offer my place to crash for anyone needing it interview weekend. We have a spare room as well and I won't be in classes yet, so could get you to and from the interview. Plus I have 4 wheel drive- history states that the weather in Blacksburg will be terrible interview weekend.

Hey all-good luck on your wait to hear about interviews. I also wanted to offer my place to crash for anyone needing it interview weekend. We have a spare room as well and I won't be in classes yet, so could get you to and from the interview. Plus I have 4 wheel drive- history states that the weather in Blacksburg will be terrible interview weekend.

I may take you up on that! That's really kind of you to offer.

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this website and had a question. I figured this was the best thread to post to since I am most interested in being accepted to VTech....
I think I screwed up my application a bit! I know this is late in the game but that is why I am posting. I recently had the revelation that I had graduate work that I never included in my VMCAS application. Yeha, I know, how do you forget that? But it was in a COMPLETELY different field (outdoor education), and I did not think the material was applicable at the time. Now, after compulsively reviewing my stats, my last 45 credit GPA is by FAR the lowest of the three (3.2) and if I included my graduate courses it would raise my last 45 to a 3.4. My question is, is this something I should bother VT about or should I just accept it and move on? I can't decide, on one hand I don't want to be discredited on one number that I could potentially change and on the other I don't want to portray myself as unobservant or procrastinating in posting these grades in any way. I honestly just didn't think they applied and neglected to report them out of sheer indifference. I appreciate any feedback you all have! Has anyone else chewed off all their fingernails waiting to hear for interviews? If you are interested in my other stats they are posted below:
BS Bio Northeastern University 2009 (In-State VA)
QGPA- 3.6
Science GPA- 3.4
GRE- Verbal: 157, Quantitative: 159, Writing: 5.5
1 year full time vet. tech. (currently employed), 1 year full time paid employee at New England Aquarium (Husbandry- Penguins), dog walking jobs, pet ownership etc etc.

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this website and had a question. I figured this was the best thread to post to since I am most interested in being accepted to VTech....
I think I screwed up my application a bit! I know this is late in the game but that is why I am posting. I recently had the revelation that I had graduate work that I never included in my VMCAS application. Yeha, I know, how do you forget that? But it was in a COMPLETELY different field (outdoor education), and I did not think the material was applicable at the time. Now, after compulsively reviewing my stats, my last 45 credit GPA is by FAR the lowest of the three (3.2) and if I included my graduate courses it would raise my last 45 to a 3.4. My question is, is this something I should bother VT about or should I just accept it and move on? I can't decide, on one hand I don't want to be discredited on one number that I could potentially change and on the other I don't want to portray myself as unobservant or procrastinating in posting these grades in any way. I honestly just didn't think they applied and neglected to report them out of sheer indifference. I appreciate any feedback you all have! Has anyone else chewed off all their fingernails waiting to hear for interviews? If you are interested in my other stats they are posted below:
QGPA- 3.6
Science GPA- 3.4
1 year full time vet. tech. (currently employed), 1 year full time paid employee at New England Aquarium (Husbandry- Penguins), dog walking jobs, pet ownership etc etc.
I don't know for sure, but it might be too late for this app cycle to try and update anything. Transcript deadlines have passed and the adcoms have probably already reviewed 1/2 the apps or more. I mean, interview invites are going out this month. If you call and try to add stuff now, IMO, it will just be annoying and won't matter anyway.

It never hurts to try though. If you call and explain, they will tell you that either yes it is something they are willing to include or no it is too late.

Hi Everyone,
QGPA- 3.6
Science GPA- 3.4

Honestly, the stats you listed are very good (better than mine)! I really wouldn't worry about calling them at this point. Like others have said, they have likely gone through most of the applications already. If I were in your situation and was offered an interview, I would use that time to explain the situation. I know some other schools will ask you during the interview if there's anything else you'd like to bring to the committee's attention or if you have any questions. That would probably be the best time to bring it up.

I just got my interview invitation!!! (1:22pm) HURRAY! :soexcited:

Check your emails- they are on their way, guys!

I see nothing:cryi: