Voiding PCAT Score Inevitable?

Started by orgoishard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

orgoishard

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading the candidate booklet on scores cancellation for the upcoming PCAT exam when all of a sudden I just realized that my score may be voided!!!! I took the PCAT last August and I did horrible. I got lower than a 30th percentile. This time I know I can do better. My question is, if I get to a 90th percentile on my next PCAT score, will Pearson automatically cancel my score? What can I do afterward?
 
I was reading the candidate booklet on scores cancellation for the upcoming PCAT exam when all of a sudden I just realized that my score may be voided!!!! I took the PCAT last August and I did horrible. I got lower than a 30th percentile. This time I know I can do better. My question is, if I get to a 90th percentile on my next PCAT score, will Pearson automatically cancel my score? What can I do afterward?
I believe if your score jumps by over 50% they automatically void it. Then I believe as long as you show a receipt of a study guide/course or transcripts that you took certain classes that they'll validate your scores.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I used the 2008-2009 Kaplan book that I bought from Amazon, and the GRE verbal book from Borders. But I don't think I have the receipts for them, unless Pearson want my credit card statement lol.
 
Well I used the 2008-2009 Kaplan book that I bought from Amazon, and the GRE verbal book from Borders. But I don't think I have the receipts for them, unless Pearson want my credit card statement lol.
Haha well I'm sure you'll be fine. Since you bought it online there's a copy on the internet...somewhere!
 
same problem, took the June 2010 PCATs, scored lower than 30th percent. due to personal reasons I was not focused on the exam but I'm taking it again in Aug...so hopefully they won't void it because it's going to mess up everything!