Volunteer at a children's hospital?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k12123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be good for me to volunteer at a children's hospital? I'm afraid that schools would think that it's too specific, that i'm only going to be dealing with children and not patients from all ages.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Many applicants have volunteered at children's hospitals. If you want to have an experience with people of a different age group, branch out later into hospice or nursing home care or the emergency department of a general hospital.

What would you be doing there? I love volunteering at a children's hospital. I don't do anything medical related but instead teach (well I assist a teacher) in the school there. Obviously I still see all the sick children and what they have to go through, a few scary experiences, and get to see how all the therapy they go through improves their functions.

Every experience is what you make of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are children not patients?...

It's fine.

Great Idea. Thanks!

Last edited:
I volunteer at a Children's Hospital, it is medically related as well. I love volunteering here, it's a very different experience.

i volunteered at a children's hospital in high school. out of all my volunteering experiences, it was probably the best one.