Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Volunteer Help Inquires

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by VeniceBound, Aug 4, 2015.

1. VeniceBound

Hello everyone,

In order to be a competitive applicant, how many hours of volunteering should one need to achieve?
    Where would be best to volunteer as a pre-dental student?
    Please help me. Thanks in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. virtualmaster999

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Some schools dont require it, others do. I think if you're going into ANY health-related career, it's good to have some volunteer experience throughout your time before applying. It's great to offer service and help others out, and having those interactions early on will be beneficial for nay health career.

If you need a number in mind for specific purposes, I think anything over 100 hours shows commitment and desire to help others in the community, which I'm sure ADCOMs will love to see; plus, it will give you a good foundation for dentistry, as well as something to talk about.

Good luck!

VeniceBound likes this.
  4. Pearl E. White

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My pre-health committee gave me a list of local dental clinics that provide low-cost services. I'm going to start learning dental assisting there in the Fall. Not only is this a chance to get some hands-on experience in the field, but it's also volunteer work! Check with your committee or call around to local dental/health clinics! HTH

VeniceBound likes this.
  5. VeniceBound

Appreciate for your inputs.