Africa and Middle East Volunteer in Kenya over summer

Started by jammin06
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jammin06

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
i am planning on volunteering at a medical clinic in Kenya for a few weeks this summer, and I was just hoping to get some information about what i coudl expect when i get there. I've never been to Africa, let alone Kenya, but I am super excited about getting this opportunity. I think the clinic that we're going to be workin in is in Pongola, but i'm not quite sure where that is or how the region is around that area. If anyone could provide me with ANY information, it will be more than greatly appreciated.
 
Good for you.Am kenyan. Okey, i have never heard anything like Pangola so check your spelling.If you clarify that for me i will give you every single details you are asking.
 
Tic Tac said:
Good for you.Am kenyan. Okey, i have never heard anything like Pangola so check your spelling.If you clarify that for me i will give you every single details you are asking.

The only "well known" Pongola that I know of is in Southern Africa ( i think it's a town in Zululand), and there's also the Pongola Game Reserve, Pongola river and all that in Southern Africa.