Volunteer or Work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

franfranny

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! For pharmacy experience, do you think it's better to just get a job at a retail pharmacy or get some volunteering/shadowing hours in different types of pharmacies (retail, hospital, private, etc.)?

Members don't see this ad.

It's easy if you need money i should start working, but volunteering can bring you a lot of experience and interior satisfaction. It's a hard decision!
If i was you, i think i would try one month of volunteering just to know what is this, and if it's okay for me! Good luck!

It's easy if you need money i should start working, but volunteering can bring you a lot of experience and interior satisfaction. It's a hard decision!
If i was you, i think i would try one month of volunteering just to know what is this, and if it's okay for me! Good luck!

Good point lol, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
@franfranny I'm a med student so it may be a little bit different, but consider that students who work are being paid for their time, or in other words, your time and effort is so valuable to someone they are willing to pay you for it VS you giving away your time. Having a job also shows a greater level of responsibility. Just a thought!