Volunteer/paid clinical hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HMad123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will have around 1,000+ hours of Paid clinical exposure in the next couple of months. I do not have any clinical volunteering hours as it is very difficult to find volunteer positions due to Covid. I do have non clinical volunteering hours. Do I need clinical volunteering as well?

Your input is really appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I will have around 1,000+ hours of Paid clinical exposure in the next couple of months. I do not have any clinical volunteering hours as it is very difficult to find volunteer positions due to Covid. I do have non clinical volunteering hours. Do I need clinical volunteering as well?

Your input is really appreciated.
@Goro @LizzyM - need your advice

Thank you and appreciate your help.

IMHO you do not need clinical volunteer hours if you have clinical employment. You mention having non-clinical volunteering which I do consider essential. Sounds like you've got those two items on the application covered. :)

Reactions: 2 users
IMHO you do not need clinical volunteer hours if you have clinical employment. You mention having non-clinical volunteering which I do consider essential. Sounds like you've got those two items on the application covered. :)
Thank you very much @LizzyM. Now that I do not have to worry about clinical volunteering, I can start working on my PS in a few weeks.
Thank you so much and appreciate your help.

Reactions: 1 user