Volunteer/paid clinical hours

Started by HMad123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HMad123

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I will have around 1,000+ hours of Paid clinical exposure in the next couple of months. I do not have any clinical volunteering hours as it is very difficult to find volunteer positions due to Covid. I do have non clinical volunteering hours. Do I need clinical volunteering as well?

Your input is really appreciated.
 
Hi, I will have around 1,000+ hours of Paid clinical exposure in the next couple of months. I do not have any clinical volunteering hours as it is very difficult to find volunteer positions due to Covid. I do have non clinical volunteering hours. Do I need clinical volunteering as well?

Your input is really appreciated.
@Goro @LizzyM - need your advice

Thank you and appreciate your help.
 
IMHO you do not need clinical volunteer hours if you have clinical employment. You mention having non-clinical volunteering which I do consider essential. Sounds like you've got those two items on the application covered. 🙂
Thank you very much @LizzyM. Now that I do not have to worry about clinical volunteering, I can start working on my PS in a few weeks.
Thank you so much and appreciate your help.