Volunteer vs shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

abeautifulday

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am volunteering in a hospital for a month and my school has the opportunity to shadow pharmacists in a retail store, I wonder which is one is better volunteer or shadowing and what are differences between them? my volunteer experiences are to delivery medication, labeling, stocking and I don't have chance to interact with the pharmacists.

Thank you for help
 
Hi,

I am volunteering in a hospital for a month and my school has the opportunity to shadow pharmacists in a retail store, I wonder which is one is better volunteer or shadowing and what are differences between them? my volunteer experiences are to delivery medication, labeling, stocking and I don't have chance to interact with the pharmacists.

Thank you for help

Volunteering is superior because it is an active activity. Shadowing is inferior because it is a passive observation.