Volunteer Work Question

hvairline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i am an international student and a high school junior,i want to become a doctor but i need to check how the hospital enviroment is so i can see if i like it.I will be traveling to America in the summer and i am looking for a volunteer job neer my grandmas house where i will be staying.(Toms River,New Yersey)Does anybody know any sites i could check or any other info on hospital volunteer jobs?I would really appreciate it,
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Some hospitals have programs for high school students during the summer. I don't know if you'd qualify, but they're there... Find out which hospitals are near your grandma's house and look at their volunteer programs.

One thing that you might want to think about, though: I'm going to assume that you don't have a US driver's license, so are you going to have someone willing to drive you to and from the hospital every day?

Hey i am an international student and a high school junior,i want to become a doctor but i need to check how the hospital enviroment is so i can see if i like it.I will be traveling to America in the summer and i am looking for a volunteer job neer my grandmas house where i will be staying.(Toms River,New Yersey)Does anybody know any sites i could check or any other info on hospital volunteer jobs?I would really appreciate it,
Thanks!

http://www.saintbarnabas.com/hospitals/community_medical/index.html

You can volunteer at Community Medical Center in Toms River. It is part of Saint Barnabas.

Here is the link to the volunteer page of the website. I would assume you are a "Junior Volunteer" and not an adult.

http://www.saintbarnabas.com/hospitals/community_medical/services/volunteerresource.html

Last edited:
Thank you both for your very helpfull responses.I have someonone who's capable of driving me everyday to the hospital so thats not a problem.I will look into the links you posted!
Thanks!