Volunteer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pisiform

Oh Crap!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I am thinking to volunteer at Winthrop University Hospital @ Mineola Long Island NY. Does anybody have volunteered there.
And if yes, then what kind of volunteering should I ask for and how are the administration and people in the hospital.

Thank You :love:

Members don't see this ad.

i almost volunteered there! The administration is great (and the one woman you will be dealing with directly is super super sweet and wants you to volunteer in the dept you're interested in) You will gain lots of clinical exposure.

I ended up receiving a paid job as a medical asst and didnt have the hours to volunteer as well, but it seems great. The only annoying thing is you need to get 2 ppd shots before you can volunteer...which means 4 visits to ur doctor, which adds up in copays and is pretty annoying.

i almost volunteered there! The administration is great (and the one woman you will be dealing with directly is super super sweet and wants you to volunteer in the dept you're interested in) You will gain lots of clinical exposure.

I ended up receiving a paid job as a medical asst and didnt have the hours to volunteer as well, but it seems great. The only annoying thing is you need to get 2 ppd shots before you can volunteer...which means 4 visits to ur doctor, which adds up in copays and is pretty annoying.

Oh!!! Great awesome, I really appreciate it.

I hope it turns out to be good. I live in Hicksville, pretty close. I also know some doctors there who told me they can hook me up to some research. One more question, how does the administration adjust your volunteer hours according to your school and work schedule.
And your everyday dress code I suppose is formal right???

Thanks