About the Ads

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 1, 2003
    Toronto, Centre of Canada
      eric275 said:
      Here's a site I found that had quite a few links to dental volunteer organizations.
      http://multicultural.uthscsa.edu/who/intlvolunteers.html

Hey eric....that is such an incredible, wonderful site! Kudos to you for the find! Ive been trying so long to find a good site with dental volunteer opportunities, but googling it didnt produce much.

Dukie

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 1, 2004
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Dr.BadVibes said:
        Hey eric....that is such an incredible, wonderful site! Kudos to you for the find! Ive been trying so long to find a good site with dental volunteer opportunities, but googling it didnt produce much.

Would a student (ie- one who didn't already have a DDS) be able to participate in any of these programs? I'd love to do something this summer...

jav316

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jan 17, 2005

jav316

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jan 17, 2005
            some of these are so pricey though - i went on a purely vacational tour of italy two years for less money. this is pretty discouraging. anybody have luck finding something short-term that is affordable? thanks :)

denty

dont eat yellow snow
            10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Aug 20, 2004
              jav316 said:
              some of these are so pricey though - i went on a purely vacational tour of italy two years for less money. this is pretty discouraging. anybody have luck finding something short-term that is affordable? thanks :)

Im having the same problem. its seems like you pay for a "mini-volunteer vacation" I know that some schools do have service work in other countries, and I know of some dentists and physicians that do some volunteering. I know that if you go through schools, you pay a chunk but there is a lot of petitioning of money and bake sales, etc to cut the price down

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.