Volunteering Abroad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SufjanS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any audiology related opportunities to volunteer abroad? I'm thinking about going to Africa in August for a month to do some volunteer work in an orphanage, but if I could find something related to Audiology to do there, or somewhere else, that would be amazing!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been wondering this as well. I heard of a hearing aid program a while back, let me see if I can find it.

Starkey Foundation does trips pretty regularly but I have no clue if just anyone can go on those or what. Some universities may have programs. Our school (Memphis) has been to the Dominican Republic for the past few years and will be going again this year. I also know the Audiologists from Arkansas Otolaryngology Center in Little Rock went to Mexico on an annual basis. My contact is not there anymore so no idea if they still go. Ask around in your community.

Members don't see this ad :)
our chapter of SAA at Gallaudet has organized a mission in Mexico and gone there a few times. it's a huge undertaking - requiring both fundraising and organizational time. it's doable, but if possible, i would suggest taking part in a trip that is organized by someone else like either a faculty member or a manufacturer. we have found it to be almost too big a project for us to manage.