All Branch Topic (ABT) Volunteering for GMO Deployment through NG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DeadCactus

Full Member
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weird question but how hard would it be in the current deployment tempo to voluntarily deploy through the National Guard as a GMO? Certainly there is a GMO somewhere abroad who wouldn't mind being tagged out. But the military tends to make things difficult...
 
I know of folks who did something of the like, but they we're BE/BC.

Are you asking if someone of only partial training from the Guard could do this? I haven't heard of it. And are you looking for 1 year of 90 day RC special?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curious about doing the 90 day thing voluntarily prior to being BE/BC...
Haven't heard of that. I wonder if it wouldn't be a challenge with things winding down. I would think there's a learning curve for reserve corps on deployment. I'm sure that's worth it for 90 day deployments when you get a trained and experienced BE/BC doc, but I wonder if the utility drops when you get an intern-level role.

Keep us posted. And have you looked over GKO?