Volunteering Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaesarDaniel

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a recent high school graduate entering college as a Biology major with a premed track this fall term. I am still searching for clinical volunteer opportunities for the upcoming semester; however, an organization near me has welcomed volunteers for only two days a week for a total of two weeks to help organize hygiene kits for the homeless during this pandemic.

I understand I still have plenty of time until I can apply to medical school as I plan on taking a gap year, but when the time comes, should I record these couple of weeks of volunteering in my app? Would it be better to just bring it up during interviews only?

Any response is appreciated! Thank you :)

- An anxious pre-med that hasn’t started undergrad yet

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
record EVERYTHING. Make sure you record who is the contact person is with their information (email is ok), who could confirm that you, indeed, participated in it. Later, when the time to apply comes, you can decide if you want to put it down, or take it out.

Reactions: 3 users
record EVERYTHING. Make sure you record who is the contact person is with their information (email is ok), who could confirm that you, indeed, participated in it. Later, when the time to apply comes, you can decide if you want to put it down, or take it out.
Will do, I appreciate you!

Reactions: 1 user