Volunteering ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amaghsou

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up guys!

So I have a lot of free time and just want to volunteer more. I'm already in the cycle and have 200-250 hours of volunteering. It's not pertinent to my app but I just want to volunteer so I'm not completely wasting my time and to give back. I've don't dental related, kids after school related and the hospital, but kind of running out of ideas. I'd love to hear some of the unique things you guys have done. Have a great night!

Members don't see this ad.

Dental schools like commitment. Nothing wrong with racking up even more hours doing what you've been doing already.

Reactions: 1 user
What's up guys!

So I have a lot of free time and just want to volunteer more. I'm already in the cycle and have 200-250 hours of volunteering. It's not pertinent to my app but I just want to volunteer so I'm not completely wasting my time and to give back. I've don't dental related, kids after school related and the hospital, but kind of running out of ideas. I'd love to hear some of the unique things you guys have done. Have a great night!
I did pre-health education and tutoring in underprivileged areas (downtown-LA near Skid Row). ASDOH/MOSDOH require approx 500 hours of community service and an LOR from a volunteer supervisor, so keep that in mind if you wanna apply broadly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did pre-health education and tutoring in underprivileged areas (downtown-LA near Skid Row). ASDOH/MOSDOH require approx 500 hours of community service and an LOR from a volunteer supervisor, so keep that in mind if you wanna apply broadly.
Thanks for the input. I think I'm actually gonna look into tutoring!

I volunteer for the blind and I absolutely love it. Check out your state's organizations concerning the blind and visually impaired and whether they take volunteers (they probably do). I also volunteer at my local veteran's hospital and it's great! If you're interested on specifics feel free to message me :)

Reactions: 1 users
I volunteer for the blind and I absolutely love it. Check out your state's organizations concerning the blind and visually impaired and whether they take volunteers (they probably do). I also volunteer at my local veteran's hospital and it's great! If you're interested on specifics feel free to message me :)
Thank you and cool idea, but I don't have either one of those around my area unfortunately.

I could use ideals too. I don't like hospitals though. They make me icky. Idk why.

I went to a government office (Our city courthouse) and asked about volunteer work I could do, They were building a new food storage and dispensary and so I helped build, paint, landscape and also distribute from it after getting to know people involved. I've gone to a local soup kitchen and helped out. I volunteered to every dentist I knew extra service in any office aspect free in exchange for shadowing hours or general sit down and talk about business chat time. I asked the hospital if there was volunteering I could do. At the university I got involved in local groups that I considered fun and provided enjoyable service of having dodgeball days set-up. This was also written in as leadership positions as I led them and arranged teams and stuff. Over the years it racks up. Just get out there and provide a bit of service to people, It can be really self-fulfilling and fun too and doesnt have to be drudge like people make it out to be.

i had sandbagging the river when it flooded. It was a community thing and actually saves a lot of potential damage. I had to explain the help it actually does during an interview.

I went to a government office (Our city courthouse) and asked about volunteer work I could do, They were building a new food storage and dispensary and so I helped build, paint, landscape and also distribute from it after getting to know people involved. I've gone to a local soup kitchen and helped out. I volunteered to every dentist I knew extra service in any office aspect free in exchange for shadowing hours or general sit down and talk about business chat time. I asked the hospital if there was volunteering I could do. At the university I got involved in local groups that I considered fun and provided enjoyable service of having dodgeball days set-up. This was also written in as leadership positions as I led them and arranged teams and stuff. Over the years it racks up. Just get out there and provide a bit of service to people, It can be really self-fulfilling and fun too and doesnt have to be drudge like people make it out to be.
Awesome man! Thank you for all the ideas. Like I said, I've got the volunteering for my app done, I just wanted to use this time to give back.