Volunteering in Berlin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wendelbaum

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, i am a new member.

I am 28, and am interested in starting a new career in medicine. (I am a scenic designer for the theater)

I am currently living in Berlin, and was hoping to find some volunteer work, shadowing, etc. to do while i am here. Any here know Berlin and have some suggestions of where to start?

Also while here, i am considering taking some req. courses online from my undergrad inst. ( University of Minnesota). Obviously only the entry level courses, as advanced and lab courses are not available online. From a standpoint of having a solid Med School application, would having a few online correspondence courses be a detriment?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! This forum has been incredibly helpful.
 
It won't show up on your transcript that the classes were online or through the school's e-campus. So the adcom won't know unless you mention it for some reason. Or if they end up really digesting the specifics of the timeline. I've taken a lot of classes through my university, and they're comparable with the classes on-campus. But I have a feeling people are going to tell you in this thread not to take classes online. But that's probably because they are thinking it's something from an online university, rather than your UG's ecampus. There IS a difference. Hope this helps.