volunteering in boston

Started by coachman5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coachman5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any good places to volunteer in Boston? I'm hoping for something that would allow to work in the clinic, with direct interaction with patients. I already have my applications in, but it's never too late to improve my application even now.🙂

I've already volunteered for 50+ hours at a community health center, but all they would let me do is filing patient records! I talked to the director, asking if there was some other way I could contribute more, but the answer was a flat no. After two months, I couldn't take it anymore. I was also concerned about whether admissions would even care that much about volunteering that was front desk only.

Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated. My backup is the old fashioned method of randomly calling people and visiting offices. (Yes, I've tried my dentist.) Last time, it took over 60 cold calls to find enough dentists to get my 100 hours of shadowing hours in.