Volunteering Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kovalevskaya

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I volunteered in high school at a hospital (for about 100 hours), and I'm not sure if this should be included. I mean, it was high school, but it also profoundly impacted me. In fact I now volunteer with hospice because I sat with a lady while she was dying when I was a hospital volunteer. It started my great interest in palliative/hospice care medicine. So, do I include it or not?
 
Yes, but keep in mind that what happened in high school stays in high school.

I volunteered in high school at a hospital (for about 100 hours), and I'm not sure if this should be included. I mean, it was high school, but it also profoundly impacted me. In fact I now volunteer with hospice because I sat with a lady while she was dying when I was a hospital volunteer. It started my great interest in palliative/hospice care medicine. So, do I include it or not?