Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the opportunity to volunteer this year at two different locations, however, scheduling conflicts may lead to me having to choose between the two.
Volunteer position 1 would entail that I volunteer in a training hospital at a rehab centre. Here I would be greeting and directing patients and their family members to different locations about the hospital.
Volunteer position 2 is at a non-profit sexual health centre. Here I would be processing specimens and cleaning exam rooms. In addition to those duties, I'm also expected to participate in community awareness events such as Pride and the AIDS walk of life. I'm more enthusiastic about this position because it gives me the opportunity to be more involved in the community and their mission statement resonates with me. It's something I'd like to do for the long term.
Which volunteer position would look better in the end? That I volunteered at a larger teaching hospital or the smaller non-profit sexual health centre?
Volunteer position 1 would entail that I volunteer in a training hospital at a rehab centre. Here I would be greeting and directing patients and their family members to different locations about the hospital.
Volunteer position 2 is at a non-profit sexual health centre. Here I would be processing specimens and cleaning exam rooms. In addition to those duties, I'm also expected to participate in community awareness events such as Pride and the AIDS walk of life. I'm more enthusiastic about this position because it gives me the opportunity to be more involved in the community and their mission statement resonates with me. It's something I'd like to do for the long term.
Which volunteer position would look better in the end? That I volunteered at a larger teaching hospital or the smaller non-profit sexual health centre?