Volunteering?

Started by CJ11B
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CJ11B

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

Is military experience looked at like volunteer experience? I have very little volunteer time, and I am wondering how much I should try to add before May.
 
Last edited:
I would get some. I applied with under 200 hours of volunteering and have had a very solid cycle so far. The military aspect has helped me no doubt but when I spoke about volunteering at interviews it was never from a military experience. I wouldn't worry so much about hours and more about quality, being a vet can open some volunteering that will stand out from the standard "bring blankets to patients" that many others have.