Volunteering

Started by MaryWrathers
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

M

MaryWrathers

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to inform soon-to-be volunteers that you might receive weird comments or be in weird situations where docs act like teens. Deleted previous post.
 
blee said:
:laugh: How's the actual volunteering going?

It's going pretty well. I've been there since July. I receive gift certificates, movie passes, and cafeteria meal coupons every now and then. I am at the bottom of the totem pole, but it's understandable. I am able to converse with nurses and surgeons anytime. I also have patient contact. I have a wide variety of responsibilites there. The place keeps me busy, and that is the best part. Yes, there is blood everywhere and all the time, but I have gotten used to it. Sometimes, though, I wish that I didn't have to volunteer so that I could get other things accomplished. It takes a chunk out of your day, but in the end it's worth it.