Volunteering??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iheartpandp

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to apply to pharmacy school next year, hopefully starting in the Fall of 2007. I want to get some volunteer experience, but if I cannot find something specifically phamacy related, would some sort of healthcare/ hospital experience suffice? Has anyone gotten accepted with out pharm experience?
 
iheartpandp said:
I am going to apply to pharmacy school next year, hopefully starting in the Fall of 2007. I want to get some volunteer experience, but if I cannot find something specifically phamacy related, would some sort of healthcare/ hospital experience suffice? Has anyone gotten accepted with out pharm experience?

I did volunteer work in the ER and I worked for a home health company. It seemed to me that schools like any patient experience. Yes, I got accepted without any retail or hospital pharmacy experience, but I think as this field becomes more competitive, schools will become oriented towards pharmacy experience.