volunteering...??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cooperemtb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what kinda volunteering med schools are looking for... like I volunteer on a weekly basis working with special needs children. Are things like that worthy of putting down on an application? I'm sure they want hospital experience... and if that is so would a nurse, EMT, CNA ... want to volunteer as well. Apologies and appreciations in advance.

-Cooper
 
I'm sorry, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what kinda volunteering med schools are looking for... like I volunteer on a weekly basis working with special needs children. Are things like that worthy of putting down on an application? I'm sure they want hospital experience... and if that is so would a nurse, EMT, CNA ... want to volunteer as well. Apologies and appreciations in advance.

-Cooper
You got it. Emts and CNAs, if you have the certification, Would be good to volunteer as, but your Special Needs volunteering is definitely something worthy to put down. Mainly pick something you enjoy and are passionate about and volunteer doing that. Like ive been volunteering as an EMT cause I love it, and as a childrens basketball coach because it is awesome.