Volunteering?

Started by Danyelle1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Danyelle1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am about to start as a volunteer for a foundation that helps sick children in their office every week for a few hours. I am curious if it matters how many hours I do to admissions or if I would just put 1 year volunteer at...? If hours do matter, I could possibly add another day.

I have been working full time as a pharmacy tech for 4 years so the pharmacy aspect should be covered.
 
Hours matter, in that you can list how many hours you volunteered (i.e., 1 year 20 hours a week) but a few hours a week will be more than sufficient to demonstrate your willingness to work for no compensation for the good of humanity.
 
i think it matters as much as you want it to. volunteered alot? make sure you emphasize it in that little text box.
but its like...ridiculously low, lol it might look...questionable.
I am about to start as a volunteer for a foundation that helps sick children in their office every week for a few hours. I am curious if it matters how many hours I do to admissions or if I would just put 1 year volunteer at...? If hours do matter, I could possibly add another day.

I have been working full time as a pharmacy tech for 4 years so the pharmacy aspect should be covered.