hellopeople

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2008
Michigan
Status
Dentist
So... I'm volunteering at a hospital but I want to do additional volunteering at a dental clinic. Should I just call local dental clinics and ask? What is the best way to go about this?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks :)

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
I mean... you can either call, stop by, or some of them, you can apply online.

Any of the 3 choices are good, they are usually very nice to volunteers, cause they want you to come back and help out lol.

OP
H

hellopeople

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2008
Michigan
Status
Dentist
OK. Thanks. That's basically what I was going to try. Would you recommend trying free clinics? I can't seem to find many of those in my area... Which now that I think of it is strange because I live fairly close to Detroit.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
OK. Thanks. That's basically what I was going to try. Would you recommend trying free clinics? I can't seem to find many of those in my area... Which now that I think of it is strange because I live fairly close to Detroit.
I live in sterling heights haha. I didn't volunteer at a dental setting, I just volunteered at a hospital (non dental related). It didn't seem to make a difference in my application.

I did however, shadow 2 GP dentists, total of about 150 hrs

OP
H

hellopeople

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2008
Michigan
Status
Dentist
lol well how about that? I live in Dearborn. So anyway I have compiled quite the collection of clinic numbers after a few minutes searching. Thanks for the input and good luck with your dental pursuits! :thumbup: