VR prep material difficulty and similarity to aamc

Started by bored
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bored

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok guys, the way I see from here is the following

In terms of difficulty, hardest to easiest,

Ek101 >> tpr > aamc >> Kaplan

Can you confirm?
 
In my opinion the aamc passages are significantly harder than the EK's. They're quite a bit longer and often more convoluted.

I may be alone in this though. My EK average is 10+, and my aamc average is 7 on the dot.
 
My AAMC and EK averages are identical.

That said, unless someone posts a study from a reputable source comparing scores(and controlling for factors like increasing scores from practicing and learning new study methods) it is unlikely your question will be answered in this thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Personally I found (in terms of difficulty) Kaplan >> AAMC >> EK 101... Kaplan's passages are long and really verbose (sometimes I have to literally read a passage 10 times because they use outdated words from hundreds of years ago or stuff only scholars would understand), whereas I found most of EK 101's passages fun and fairly light to read.
 
Last edited:
Oh
Man, theere so many varying opinions. I guess all prepmaterial are alright.

With ek and tpr being most similar to aamc?

Thx for your replies guys