Vraylar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winterberry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Vraylar?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't try the new ones unless I have a patient I know has been appropriately trialed without effect on the more established antipsychotic meds which is essentially never. With regard to antipsychotics its usually more about non compliance than lack of effective medication choices in my opinion. As far as I can tell the literature seems to indicate they all seem to work about the same with the exception of Clozaril and a bit of a bump for Zyprexa. At least with older meds I generally know how to dose, what to expect as far as response/adverse effects, there are years of use and more studies indicating they are tolerated. Unless you treating an affluent crowd I also have an issue with those who toss around the samples like they have a special treat and even if they work there is later an issue of paying for them when the samples run out. If they come to me on a newer medication and it is well tolerated I continue but at this time I have not seen Vraylar first hand.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried the steak dinner they provided me, then I went back to work and prescribed stuff on formulary

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Poor results. Same with Rexulti.

I am indifferent on Vraylar. However on Rexulti I have to disagree. Tried maybe 15-20 patients on it over the last year - don't think any were for schizophrenia. For augmentation, I would say a good 70-80% has significant improved mood and many reported they noticed the change quickly - about 3-5 days in. One on a Medicare plan continues to pay a fairly large share ($200???) each month for it. We were giving her freebies for a good amount of time and couldn't be bothered to come in every few weeks.

Doesn't it block D3 receptors? I mean, that right there, D3 receptors...and D2 receptors, plus serotonin, come on, it's gotta be the best.

Reactions: 1 user
I am indifferent on Vraylar. However on Rexulti I have to disagree. Tried maybe 15-20 patients on it over the last year - don't think any were for schizophrenia. For augmentation, I would say a good 70-80% has significant improved mood and many reported they noticed the change quickly - about 3-5 days in. One on a Medicare plan continues to pay a fairly large share ($200???) each month for it. We were giving her freebies for a good amount of time and couldn't be bothered to come in every few weeks.

I got EPS appearing in my demographics far too easily with little change in mood symptoms.

I got EPS appearing in my demographics far too easily with little change in mood symptoms.

I had two people comment on akathesia but none with EPS... And AIMS has been fine.

Yup, I would expect different responses in different population demographics.

That is what is cool sharing stuff like this - different perspectives from people treating different populations.

Trying to figure out the advantage of a thing that builds up in 1 week? Why couldn't they make the damn thing an injectable....