VSAS Acceptance Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frazier

Palliative Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So you apply for an away and get an acceptance... the message in VSAS says "you have X days to accept/decline this offer".

So how does this work if other programs you applied for don't even start reviewing apps for another month?

In other words, if you click "accept" now but then decide that you rather rotate at the alternative location --can you just withdraw -- or is this "accept" more than a mere placeholder and more like "okay, I promise to rotate with you guys".

Want to make sure I'm playing by the rules.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can accept and withdraw from a rotation as long as you give reasonable advanced notice (>1 month). However, the rotation you withdraw from may decide not to interview you later on when you apply.

Reactions: 1 users
So you apply for an away and get an acceptance... the message in VSAS says "you have X days to accept/decline this offer".

So how does this work if other programs you applied for don't even start reviewing apps for another month?

In other words, if you click "accept" now but then decide that you rather rotate at the alternative location --can you just withdraw -- or is this "accept" more than a mere placeholder and more like "okay, I promise to rotate with you guys".

Want to make sure I'm playing by the rules.

Thanks.

I was accepted to a rotation at a certain program. I held onto that acceptance for about a month and then finally cancelled it when I secured a "better" rotation at a different program. I then interviewed at, ranked #1, and will be going to that original program that I cancelled at. Soooo it may hurt you to hold onto an acceptance and then cancel, but obviously it may not. There's doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rules to all this.

Reactions: 1 user