VSAS Away Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raosen

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread to see if we can help each other out in terms of the VSAS (or non-VSAS) notification process. I personally have not heard anything yet, although I submitted my applications for aways when the site first opened for the schools I was interested in.

So, if you have heard this year and are doing an away, let us know so that all of us who haven't heard anything can freak out. :laugh:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do the schools you're looking at have specific notification dates? I only applied to one school and it specifically said on the website that they won't look at applications until June 12.

I applied to several schools through VSAS. The processing dates are all in June, but one has already notified me that I can have the privilege of being on their wait list. Another flat out canceled the elective that I applied to. Thanks, VSAS. Can I have my $15 back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only applied to one away through VSAS. I was shocked to hear back from them weeks before their stated earliest notification date. BTW I was approved!:)

From the communications I've had with the programs, it sounds like they unofficially fill their spots as the applications arrive.

I heard back from 4 out of 5 schools, 1 rejection, 3 acceptances. Im doing two aways so I have had to decline 1 offer so far.

For those of you who've already heard back, any chance you could say what schools and what departments? Gracias.

Only one of my aways was thru VSAS and I found out (accepted!) about 2 weeks after their deadline.

School was U of M, rotation was IM.

I heard back from Oregon with an accept. :)

non-vsas but MSU EM. anyone hear anything from Iowa?

Si, como no. Stanford - Radiology

Last edited:
UNC Radiology, provided I update my immunization record to include the few semi-odd requirements...